Do you feel you are more motivated and your productivity is heightened when you have a sense of purpose?
Being purposeful is something that gives us all a sense of value and worth and is integral to what we do and why we do it.
Being purposeful has a significant impact on how productive your business is, given that it is people that make or break the success of your business.
5 Steps To Create Purposeful Employees
- Inclusivity – This is an important first initial step to ensure that your employees feel part of the journey from the outset. Employees that feel like decisions are being made without their consultation will immediately become defensive and resistant to adopting change.
- Brainstorming – This is a pivotal step that kick starts the planning process with a no barriers or borders. Employees feel they have a forum to be heard and to contribute.
- Ownership – This gives the employee a feeling of being an integral part of the journey to solve the problem, help create and deliver the solution.
- Responsibility – This empowers the employee to feel that the journey is incomplete without them as they hold responsibility for outcomes that are critical to the success of the solution when it is delivered.
- Accountability – This is the final step that ensures the employee feels ‘stickiness’ to solving the problem successfully as they will be held accountable, and therefore must be involved and engaged to ensure the outcome reflects positively on their involvement.
An employee who is not engaged is considered to be an ‘active job seeker’. source
Your Top 10 ‘ Benefits of Having Purpose’ Checklist
- Your ‘purpose’ is a key motivator and gives you a tangible reason to plan and execute.
- Your ‘purpose’ enables you to set goals you want to achieve.
- Your ‘purpose’ ensures you are focused on solutions, not problems.
- Your ‘purpose’ gives you confidence that you will achieve what your objectives are and experience success.
- You can easily communicate what your ‘purpose’ is when asked.
- You talk about your ‘purpose’ with enthusiasm and joy that is infectious.
- Others want to become part of the solution because they can relate to your ‘purpose’.
- Your ‘purpose’ delivers a value that is contextual to the investment you must make to reap benefits.
- Your ‘purpose’ gives you clarity in your ability to collaborate, plan and execute.
- Your ‘purpose’ can be expressed as a value proposition to deliver multiple solutions because it helps you to think laterally.
The first question every business needs to ask is …what is the cost to your business for having employees who are not purposeful?
The defining question is… can you afford not to make the investment in your employees to ensure they are on the journey with you?
Originally posted 2017-09-04 09:18:58.